You’ll love everything about Dudleya virens, an easy-care rare succulent plant. It has gorgeous chalk white and light green long narrow-leaves, that form tight rosettes and cluster profusely as they mature!
The leaves have a glowing chalky effect. Leaf tips turn pink/burgundy when exposed to more sun (as shown in one close up picture, coloration depends on season and environment).
Dudleya’s are perfect landscape plants for desert gardens, urban gardens and even container gardens. Adds a beautiful bright touch to your home decor. Rare Dudleya virens, synonym: Dudleya hassei
Works well as a succulent centerpiece, terrarium, fairy garden or arrangement.
This is a live plant that ships bare root. You will receive a plant similar to the plant pictured.
Plant ships bare root.
*Heat packs are available as a separate product.
Peak growth season: Spring / Fall
Propagation: Both cuttings and leaves. Take cuttings during growth season, Spring is ideal.
Morning sun, lots of unfiltered light. *Transition your plant to sun slowly after transplanting. A few days of bright shade / filtered light and then gradually introduce small amounts of morning sun. Protect plants from frost.
Water when soil is dry to the touch, but do not over water. May rot if too damp. Will require more water in the Summer.
Plant ships bare root.
Your succulent will be wrapped with care and shipped with extra padding in the box. Plants can take 1-5 days to prep for shipping and weather can impact the prep time. We ship as quickly as is safe for your plant.
You should feel like it's your birthday every time you open Zensability plant mail!
• Your plants are wrapped with care so they arrive happy and ready for their forever homes.
• Each plant is labeled to help you keep track of the plant names.
• Care instructions are included in every box.
…and make sure you look for your surprise when unpacking your succulent plant mail.
If you will be experiencing below freezing temperatures, please add a heat pack to your order:https://www.etsy.com/listing/534304860/72-hour-heat-pack-add-to-your-shipment?ref=shop_home_active_1&pro=1
TIPS ON RAISING SUCCULENTS
Succulents are amazing plants that can bring color and joy to your home and landscape. They are relatively easy-care plants, making them ideal plants for beginners and enthusiasts alike. Succulents need a lot less water than other plants, because they hold so much water in their leaves.
Speaking of water - water is the most dangerous thing to your succulent plant. More succulents die from overwatering than underwatering. A couple tips to help:
• The chubbier the leaves, the less water it will need (chubbier leaves hold more water).
• Succulents can rebound from underwatering much easier than overwatering.
• Always make sure you use a well-draining potting soil and a pot with at least one drainage hole.
• Always make sure the soil is dry to the touch before watering.
What to watch for as you go through the seasons with your new plant:
*Disclaimer: these are general tips, you do need to get to know your plants and acclimate them to your own environment.
• Wrinkled and/or deflated leaves = plant needs water
• Mushy, yellowing or black leaves = plant needs less water (if leaves are really mushy, remove from pot and place in good ventilation to expedite drying out)
• Little fuzzy web-like white balls = mealy bugs
• Little round flat scab-like brown patches that wipe off easily = scale bugs
**If you see bugs you can start to control them by spraying with diluted isopropyl rubbing alcohol. First remove your succulent from direct sun and do not spray too close (recommend 6" away), saturate the base of the leaves and stem and leave in good air circulation to allow alcohol to evaporate. Retreat 24 hours later.
Air circulation and adequate light are important for your succulents to thrive.
Materials: perlite, pumice, cactus soil, live plant, Echeveria, rare succulent.
Hi and welcome! We hope to add some plant joy to your life!
- Live plants take 3-5 days to prepare for shipping.
- We are currently shipping Monday-Friday.
- It is safe to ship in winter, however we do recommend adding a heat pack if you are experiencing extended freezing temperatures. Heat packs must be added for cold climates Nov - Mar to qualify for the guarantee.
Priority Mail is recommended and guaranteed for all live plant shipments and especially all Hoya shipments. It is faster and the optimal method for shipping. Orders that qualify for free shipping ship via Priority Mail. [[[
HOW YOUR PLANT LOOKS
We can not guarantee that your plant will be in bloom or display the same colors as those pictured. Please allow for some variance amongst live plants. Coloration is determined by individual plant, season, environment and/or care conditions (and even your computer monitor can effect appearance of plants in pictures). Note that our photos were also take under ideal natural lighting conditions.
Carefully check the shipping address you have selected before placing your order. We ship to the shipping address provided. We cannot be responsible for errors or wrong shipping addresses provided with the order.
**Shipping costs are determined by weight and plant size. We do everything we can to keep shipping costs to a minimum for you, ensure our item weight and sizes are correct, and combine for you whenever possible.
Please note we cannot guarantee plant identifications. We give our best effort at accuracy.
Thank you so much for checking out our little family shop!!