This Senecio is a succulent shrub producing long, narrow blue-green leaves. Plant where it can enjoy full sun and have room to spread. This plant adds great color and texture to your arrangments and succulent gardens. It is used as filler to add height and texture to your container garden.
Senecio require very little water, especially in the winter months. Protect from frost.
This is a live plant that ships bare root.
USDA Hardiness Zone: 10-11
Peak growth season; Spring / Summer
Propagation: Take cuttings during growth season, Spring is ideal.
Full sun to part shade.
This plant does not require a lot of water, even during its Summer growing season. Only water after soil is completely dry in winter. Sprinkle them in the summer. Modify these tips as your zone requires.
Plant ships bare root.
Your succulent will be wrapped with care and shipped with extra padding in the box. Plants can take 1-5 days to prep for shipping and weather can impact the prep time. We ship as quickly as is safe for your plant.
If you will be experiencing below freezing temperatures, please add a heat pack to your order.
SUCCULENT CARE TIPS
Succulents are amazing plants that can bring color and joy to your home and landscape. They are relatively easy-care plants, making them ideal plants for beginners and enthusiasts alike. Succulents need a lot less water than other plants, because they hold so much water in their leaves.
Speaking of water - water is the most dangerous thing to your succulent plant. More succulents die from overwatering than underwatering. A couple tips to help:
• The chubbier the leaves, the less water it will need (chubbier leaves hold more water).
• Succulents can rebound from underwatering much easier than overwatering.
• Always make sure you use a well-draining potting soil and a pot with at least one drainage hole.
• Always make sure the soil is dry to the touch before watering.
What to watch for as you go through the seasons with your new plant:
*Disclaimer: these are general tips, you do need to get to know your plants and acclimate them to your own environment.
• Wrinkled and/or deflated leaves = plant needs water
• Mushy, yellowing or black leaves = plant needs less water (if leaves are really mushy, remove from pot and place in good ventilation to expedite drying out)
• Little fuzzy web-like white balls = mealy bugs
• Little round flat scab-like brown patches that wipe off easily = scale bugs
**If you see bugs you can start to control them by spraying with diluted isopropyl rubbing alcohol. First remove your succulent from direct sun and do not spray too close (recommend 6" away), saturate the base of the leaves and stem and leave in good air circulation to allow alcohol to evaporate. Retreat 24 hours later.
Air circulation and adequate light are important for your succulents to thrive.
Plant was bigger than expected and very healthy.
very nice plant, very well packaged. I bought several plants. All very nice, I'd buy from them again
Very healthy and big plant