String of Tears Succulent Plant, Senecio rowleyanus, live rooted, 2 and 4 INCH
Out of stock
- Plants are indiviudally wrapped and labeled when possible.
- Plants are packaged with care to ensure they arrive happy and healthy.
- Care instructions are included in every box.
- Add a heat packs if shipping to a cold climates Nov-Mar.
-Contact us within 48 hours of plant arrival and include pictures. Email us at: email@example.com
Arrangements and gift boxes ship within 3 business days.
I was worried because I know string plants like this can be touchy, but this one is gorgeous and has had no trouble growing! As always, a wonderful purchase from Zensability
Review has no content.
As always; perfect packaging, perfect items and perfect shop. Thank you so much!
This is a beautiful green string succulent plant. ‘String of Tears’ is a hanging indoor house plant or outdoor plant (bright shade recommended). This is a live succulent plant. This plant:
- Ships bare root (shown in 4" pot, select your size).
- Is a crawling and spilling plant, it will root along the stem if laid across the pot, it’s a perfect plant for hanging baskets.
- This plant prefers bright indirect light and does not need much, if any, direct sun.
More about this plant:
This plant thrives in bright shade. Plant ships semi-bare root in the plastic pot.
This is a spiller plant that hangs over the edge or dangles, for terrariums, wreaths, or succulent arrangements. Easy-care house plant makes this an ideal gift. Unique and hard-to-find.
Peak growth season; Spring / Autumn
Propagation: Take cuttings during growth season, Spring is ideal.
Some morning sun okay, lots of unfiltered light.
Water when soil is dry to the touch. Will require more water in the Summer.
Plant ships semi-bare root in plastic pot.
Your succulent will be wrapped with care and shipped with extra padding in the box. Plants can take 1-5 days to prep for shipping and weather can impact the prep time. We ship as quickly as is safe for your plant.
If you will be experiencing below freezing temperatures, please add a heat pack to your order.
SUCCULENT CARE TIPS
Succulents are amazing plants that can bring color and joy to your home and landscape. They are relatively easy-care plants, making them ideal plants for beginners and enthusiasts alike. Succulents need a lot less water than other plants, because they hold so much water in their leaves.
Speaking of water - water is the most dangerous thing to your succulent plant. More succulents die from overwatering than underwatering. A couple tips to help:
• The chubbier the leaves, the less water it will need (chubbier leaves hold more water).
• Succulents can rebound from underwatering much easier than overwatering.
• Always make sure you use a well-draining potting soil and a pot with at least one drainage hole.
• Always make sure the soil is dry to the touch before watering.
What to watch for as you go through the seasons with your new plant:
*Disclaimer: these are general tips, you do need to get to know your plants and acclimate them to your own environment.
• Wrinkled and/or deflated leaves = plant needs water
• Mushy, yellowing or black leaves = plant needs less water (if leaves are really mushy, remove from pot and place in good ventilation to expedite drying out)
• Little fuzzy web-like white balls = mealy bugs
• Little round flat scab-like brown patches that wipe off easily = scale bugs
**If you see bugs you can start to control them by spraying with diluted isopropyl rubbing alcohol. First remove your succulent from direct sun and do not spray too close (recommend 6" away), saturate the base of the leaves and stem and leave in good air circulation to allow alcohol to evaporate. Retreat 24 hours later.
Air circulation and adequate light are important for your succulents to thrive.
Materials: perlite, pumice, cactus potting soil, live plant, succulents, hanging plant, hanging house plant, string of tears.