CUTTINGS Portulacaria afra variegata plant, live unrooted succulent, 2-3 INCH
Out of stock
- Plants are indiviudally wrapped and labeled when possible.
- Plants are packaged with care to ensure they arrive happy and healthy.
- Care instructions are included in every box.
- Add a heat packs if shipping to a cold climates Nov-Mar.
-Contact us within 48 hours of plant arrival and include pictures. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrangements and gift boxes ship within 3 business days.
everything arrived in great shape, they are thriving :-)
Review has no content.
Each cutting is a 2-3” clipping of Portulacaria afra variegata succulent plant. This is a hard-to-find variegated type of this succulent plant. It will branch as it grows. Great container plant or landscape plant. Adds a nice touch of color to your home decor.
This plant will tolerate partial sun. Avoid soggy and cold soil and too much direct sun on the sensitive variegated leaves.
This is a live unrooted plant which will grow roots a few weeks after being planted in cactus potting soil.
Select the number of succulent cuttings you’d like from the drop-down menu. Care instructions included. The plant for sale in this listing is unrooted and will grow roots when planted in soil almost the same as a rooted succulent (you just don't need to water at all for a few weeks, when roots start to shoot out to take in the water).
Plant the cuttings in cactus soil and wait a week or more before watering regularly. Make sure the cut ends are completely dried, or calloused, over before putting them in soil. Keep out of direct sunlight for a few weeks and then gradually increase sun exposure. Immediate sun exposure can cause sunburn.
Peak growth season: Fall / Spring
Propagation: Cuttings. Take cuttings during growth season, Fall is ideal.
Morning sun, lots of unfiltered light. *Transition your plant to sun slowly after transplanting. A few days of bright shade / filtered light and then gradually introduce small amounts of morning sun.
Water when soil is dry to the touch, but do not over water. May rot if too damp. Will require more water in the Summer.
Your succulent will be wrapped with care and shipped with extra padding in the box. Plants can take 1-5 days to prep for shipping and weather can impact the prep time. We ship as quickly as is safe for your plant.
If you will be experiencing below freezing temperatures, please add a heat pack to your order.
TIPS ON SUCCULENT CARE
Succulents are amazing plants that can bring color and joy to your home and landscape. They are relatively easy-care plants, making them ideal plants for beginners and enthusiasts alike. Succulents need a lot less water than other plants, because they hold so much water in their leaves.
Speaking of water - water is the most dangerous thing to your succulent plant. More succulents die from overwatering than underwatering. A couple tips to help:
• The chubbier the leaves, the less water it will need (chubbier leaves hold more water).
• Succulents can rebound from underwatering much easier than overwatering.
• Always make sure you use a well-draining potting soil and a pot with at least one drainage hole.
• Always make sure the soil is dry to the touch before watering.
What to watch for as you go through the seasons with your new plant:
*Disclaimer: these are general tips, you do need to get to know your plants and acclimate them to your own environment.
• Wrinkled and/or deflated leaves = plant needs water
• Mushy, yellowing or black leaves = plant needs less water (if leaves are really mushy, remove from pot and place in good ventilation to expedite drying out)
• Little fuzzy web-like white balls = mealy bugs
• Little round flat scab-like brown patches that wipe off easily = scale bugs
**If you see bugs you can start to control them by spraying with diluted isopropyl rubbing alcohol. First remove your succulent from direct sun and do not spray too close (recommend 6" away), saturate the base of the leaves and stem and leave in good air circulation to allow alcohol to evaporate. Retreat 24 hours later.
Air circulation and adequate light are important for your succulents to thrive.
Materials: succulent cuttings, live plant, unrooted, live succulents, zensability, plants for sale, best online nursery, best online plants, succulent, succulents, plant cutting.